It’s testing time! Finals begin tomorrow for the human teens in my district. Only a few days are left before celebrations begin. Kids start sleeping again while teachers can breathe and have normal-ish blood pressure. Percy is “chill,” though. No more tests or class for him. While he didn’t graduate from group obedience classes, I’d say he has the skills to be successful in the family. He is currently relaxing with his blanket on the floor. We should all be so calm.
I love learning and try to find something new every day. Sometimes it is a line from a beloved book that I understand just a little more. Sometimes it is a new recipe. Sometimes it is something as simple as learning what new shows have been added to Netflix. Today I will do a little research on de-stressing.
Here’s what I know:
- Dog snuggles are a great way to calm down, provided those dogs are on the proper food and haven’t broken into the kitchen and then into the ranch dip. Regular readers can probably guess who the culprit was and I am ready-ing the air freshener.
- Few dogs are allowed in the school so I can’t use that for my kids who believe semester finals are the key to a successful life.
- Semester finals are important but not at the expense of your health.
- I can’t afford enough chocolate to feed all of my kids for the duration of finals.
- I really like lists.
- I am easily distracted and I was intending to write about stress relief techniques.
- One of my co-workers gave me candy today, but I left it at school.
- I have candy for tomorrow!
Was there a purpose to this post? Oh! Now, I remember (reading back through helps). I have learned today that I need more stress management techniques and definitely some to share with my darlings.